When looking for the appearance of natural stone without the highly polished finish of marble, the Honed and Filled Travertine stone tiles from Kesir are the perfect choice. With its smoothness and matte appearance, this tile will provide a rich and unique old-world feel to any home, straight out of a Mediterranean seaside villa.
The Kesir Travertine Honed and Filled tiles offer you:
- A unique, hand-cut, Old World effect: because each tile is unique with its own variations in patterns and color, you get a venerable classical effect
- Several tile sizes for original layouts: with many tile sizes at your disposal, the only limit to your design is your imagination
- A smooth, matte finish: for a more discreet, worn effect, the tiles are honed to imitate gentle use over the years
- An amazing transformation for any room: transform your dining room into a traditional Italian sala da pranzo or your bathroom into a Turkish spa
- Premium grade stone tiles: our Honed and Filled tiles are cut from stone blocks, then filled with a cement-based filler for a smooth, non-porous finish
All Travertine is a porous product that comes naturally with holes/pores. These pores allow for efficient heat transfer but does not retain heat and also keeps the stone cool to the touch. The styles in this line come with pores that are filled with a cement based filler prior to the Honing finish. These fillers will eventually remove over time, depending on wear and traffic. BuildDirect recommends using a cement based grout or filler to refill these pores and reseal your tile if you find that the original filler has worn through. Being a natural stone of the earth, the variation and frequency of these pores will vary. We have done our best to sort, select, and grade these tiles to the appropriate standards.